Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Escape!

We had such great plans for our Veteran's Day morning. Blinn and I had just hopped in the car and we're getting ready to head to breakfast at McDonald's. For the record, their $1.99 mochas ARE as good as they look. Before we can pull away from the curb, Gus sprints around from the side of the house like a mad-man. He had accomplished his first escape of the morning. Blinn put a couple of boards supported by a 25 lb. bag of mulch in front of the fence that he had sneaked through. We waited a bit outside in the car to see if Gus could get out, and once we were confident his escape route had been patched up, we left for breakfast.


We got home to an empty kitchen and backyard. Gus had made escape number two. Only this escape was different. Gus had realized (he is SO smart) that we were no longer out front and had tried to get back into the backyard. That pesky bag of mulch was in his way, so resourceful as ever, Gus ripped through the sealed bag of mulch to get it out of his way. The end result looked like this:







Gus had his second bath in less than a week after this picture was taken. Here is the mini-Houdini on his favorite perch post bath:

In other Carstensen news, we have reached 25 weeks in my pregnancy which means we are now officially in the sixth month! Baby Trey moves a ton and does not seem to share his mother's love for all things tomato based- indigestion is no fun! At our last ultrasound appointment we got to see Trey move his mouth and at one point he moved his little hand and tried to get it into his mouth. It was awesome. Everything looks great with the little guy and we're getting his room ready slowly but surely. It's hard to believe that in three months we'll have him with us! Here I am this morning in all my 25 week glory. :)




4 comments:

At Home with the Hammonds said...

You look GREAT!! And I love the gus story - hilarious! We need to get together SOON!

Lyssa said...

Oh my gosh, I cant believe he chewed through a bag of mulch! That is one crazy pup! And you my friend, are one adorable preggo lady!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Addie, both those pictures are so cute! You look amazing and I love the picture of Gus! I'm so glad he decided to go back into the yard!!

PROUD MOMMY said...

Addie, You look REALLY GOOD for 6 months!! I feel you on the indegestion...I had heart burn like no other with Drayson. Good luck with the last trimester!!