Sunday, August 17, 2008

ExtravaCANza!


Blinn and I chose this 98+ degree weekend to take our first foray into canning! We canned about 2 lbs. of string beans from our garden this weekend using my Grandma Hazel's spicy-pickled string bean recipe. It was definitely a bit warm in our little kitchen, but the final result produced 6 jars of pickled beans that we hope turn out well.


Our first garden continues to grow! I took some pictures of our tomatoes, jalapenos, green peppers, pumpkin, and our corn. We also have basil, red peppers, onions, and carrots, but I didn't want to make this any more veggie-heavy than it already is.


In other news, I had my first hamburger in 12 weeks today and it tasted gooooood! Could entry into the second trimester be the end of my food aversions?! I hope so, because I'm not sure if a life without steak and hamburgers is really worth living...sorry PETA.

Tomatoes & one of our pumpkins
Jalapenos and green peppers

1 comments:

At Home with the Hammonds said...

OMG I didn't know you were a gardener! That is awesome - I'm jealous, I tried to do a garden last year but I guess you have to actually take care of it and water it - opps! Isnt' canning fun??!! I had fun doing it last year, it just takes awhile! I hope Chloe and I get to see you soon!